Friday, March 25, 2011

March/April

Parents,

I was looking over the scriptures for this week and was almost laughing at one of them. God has been really dealing with me about hearing His voice. It started after serving at Manna House one Saturday for Angel Food. I was placed at a car line with an awesome couple who loves God-Doug and Bonnie. Bonnie and I would take turns praying for ladies and Doug would pray for the males. Doug or Bonnie would say something like "there is evil in that car" or "there is a sad spirit" or something like that. I was hungery for that type of disccernment. So I prayed and asked God for me to be able to His voice more clearly. One morning I was driving out of my subdivision to go to work. I can turn left or right. I usually go the same way every morning. Anyway, I heard go "right" so I went right. I really didn't think much of it at first. But this happened almost every morning. Some days I turned left or right out of obedience. Next I noticed that I would hear His voice "sooner" when I would get in the car and then while getting dressed. Over the weeks. I would here "left" or "right" when driving to routine places. Sometimes I missed the turn and found my self back tracking to obey. Do you know it is so much easier to obey the first time than to find yourself driving around the roundabout and back tracking. How much time and or opportunities have we missed out becuase we didn't hear the small voice saying "turn here" or "go straight." I have found myself anticipating what direction God is going to take me in each day. I so desire to go where He wants me to. As much as I want this for myself I even more so want this for my children. How much heartache would be saved or what kind of doors/blessing we would have if we all could have such an awareness of God's voice in EVERY choice we make every day. That is the place I desire to live in.

I hope you find an increase awareness of God's voice in your own life and as you parent your children.

A Parent's Heart - Shannon

March 26th
"Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, 'This is the way you should go,' whether to the right or to the left." Isaiah 30:21 (NLT)

Father God, I pray that my child(ren) would learn to hear Your voice and to be brave enough to follow Your instructions. I pray that he/she would have a very keen awareness to Your voice over the enemies. May he/she always know what direction in which he/she should go.

March 27th
"Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do." Ephesians 5:17 (NLT)

Dear God, I pray that my child(ren) would understand what you want them to do. May his/her heart quickly yeild to Your instruction. I pray that he/she would always weight out the consequences for his/her choices and actions.

March 28th
"May he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen." Hebrew 13:21(NLT)

Heavenly Father, thank you for equipping my child(ren) with everything he/she needs to complete the work You created for him/her to do. May he/she walk in Your power and be pleasing to You. May his/her life bring You glory.

March 29th
"May he grant your heart's desire and make all your plans succeed." Psalms 20:4 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, my desire for my child(ren) is that he/she would succeed in all he/she does. I pray that the desires of his/her heart would be pure in motive and after Your own heart. May what breaks Your heart break his/her's. Please grant the desires of his/her heart as he/she walks in Your will.

March 30th
"And may the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful." Psalms 90:17 (NLT)

Dear God, I pray that my child(ren) would have Your approval in his/her life. I pray that his/her efforts would be successful.

March 31st
"Therefore, I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace." Ephesians 4:1-3 (NLT)

Father God, I pray that my child(ren) would live his/her life in such a way that is worthy of his/her calling. I pray that he/she would always be humble, gentle, and patient with others. I pray that his/her life would be one of peace and in unity with you.

April 1st - Character

"O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me." Psalm 139:1 (NLT) READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER

Awesome Father, I'm amazed that You know everything about me and my child(ren). I lift up my child(ren) to you this day and lay claim to Your promise of purpose and destiny for him/her. May I never forget to remind my child(ren) of Your perfect plan for his/her life.

Wow, awesome scriptures this week as usual. I'm so humbled at the responsiblity we have to raise our children to become who God created them to be. When I look at the mistakes I've made. It would be so easy to wallow in guilt and regret. But I don't have time - we as parents dont have time. God is a forgiving God and can redeem time and our mistakes. He can use our mistakes to grow our children up.

Be blessed this week.

Shannon- A Parent's heart

No comments:

Post a Comment