Saturday, April 2, 2011

April - Character

Good Morning Parents,

I'm so looking forward to some sunny weather. I hope everyone has had a great week. I can't believe that we are already into the 4th month of this year. I truely understand now the phrase "time flies by." I guess that is becuase now being a parent my perception of time has changed somewhat. I see that now in 2 months my oldest daughter will be a senior in high school and my youngest will be a freshman in high school. Now I think about the time I have left with my children to be making an impact on their lives. As our children get older our role as a parent changes. Our role gets redefined I think as they older. I used to think it would be easier being the parent of an older child but I was wrong. It is during this time that you hope that everything you've tried to pour into them has made it and sets them up for success in life.

This month we will be praying for the character of our children. SO what is character exactly? Webster's has this to say about it...

Character- one of the attribues or features that make up and distinguishes the individual; a feature made to seperate; the complex of mental and ethical traits making and often individualizing a person; a person marked by notable or conspicuous traits; reputation; moral excellence and firmness.

Now here is what God's Word has to say about our character.

April 2nd
"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. There is no law again these things." Galations 5:22-23 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren)'s character be fruitful as according to Your Word. Help me to be a good example in front of child(ren) daily. I pray blessings over him/her as Your Holy Spirts produces fruit in his/her life.

Aprinl 3rd
"Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselve with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Colossians 3:12 (NLT)

Father God, I pray that my child(ren) would choose to clothe him/herself in Your tenderhearted mercy, kindess, humility, gentleness, and patience. Thank You Lord, for choosing us to be Your Holy people.

April 4th
"Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life."
1 Timothy 6:18-19 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would rich in good works and always generous and sharing with others in need. I pray as he/she obeys your commands that he/she would recieve treasures as Your Word promises. I pray for Your blessings in his/her life so that he/she can be a blessing to others.

April 5th
"work willingly at whatever you do, as though You were working for the Lord rather than for people." (NLT)

Dear Lord, I lift up my child(ren) to you today. I pray that he/she would always be willing to work hard as if working for You. I pray that he/she would have a good work ethic.

April 6th
"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everthing. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or enpty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13

Merciful Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would find the secret of living in every situation. May he/she know that he/she can do all thins through Christ. I pray that he/she would depend on you for every need.

April 7th
"So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neighter fail you nor abdondon you" Deuteronomy 31:6

Thank You Heavenly Father for this promise. I pray against all fear and panic disorders. I speak faith and peace in to my child(ren)'s life. I trust Your Word and I release my child(ren) into Your hands for I know that You'll never abandon or fail him/her.

April 8th,
"Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God and respect the King" 1 Peter 2:17 (NLT)

Heavenly Father I pray that my child(ren) would always be respectful to others even when it is not easy. I pray that he/she would always fear/respect Your authority in a way that is pleasing to You.

Parents, I know we all desire for our children to display true inner character that represents us as parents and more importantly to have a character that reflects God's character to others around them. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you areas in your child's character that needs to be strengthened and how to strengthen it. Like wise ask for the weakness to be revealed and ask how to put to death those things that shouldn't be there.

I pray blessings on each of you as you continue to journey in God's Word in prayer over your children.

A Parent's Heart- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment