Saturday, April 23, 2011

April- Character

Good Evening Parents,

I hope every one is doing well and enjoying the warmer weather. It's really hard to believe that April is almost gone and May is on it's way. We will be praying for the relationships that our children have. I really hope everyone is enjoying these scriptures. I hope you have had some answers to some on your prayer request. Let's see what the Scriptures have for us this week...

April 23rd
"Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good." Titus 1:16 (NLT)

Father in Heaven, I pray that my child(ren)'s character would be bold and not ashamed to call him/herself Yours. I pray that he/she would walk the talk. I pray that he/she would never deny who You are by the choices he/she may make.

April 24th
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life." Psalms 139:23-24 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would be sensitive to Your Holy Spirit so that he/she will see the things that You point out to him/her. I pray that he/she would follow You as You lead him/her along the path of everlasting life.

April 25th
"My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father." 1 John 2:1 (NLT)

Father God, I lift up my child(ren) to you today. I pray that he/she would always know that You are on his/her side and that You're fighting for him/her. I pray that he/she would quickly turn to you when sin comes into his/her life. May his/her character be of purity and obedience.

April 26th
"This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone." Titus 3:8 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would devote him/herself to doing good. I pray that he/she would desire and strive to do what is right. I pray blessings over his/her life as he/she is obedient to You.

April 27th
"But if you refuse to forgive other, your father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:15 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would be quick to forgive others. I pray that you would remind him/her of the debt You have forgiven in his/her own life. Father thank you for Your gift of forgivness.

April 28th
"You must have the same attitude that Chirst Jesus had." Philippians 2:5 (NLT)

Father God, I lift up my child(ren) to You today. I pray that his/her attitude would be the same as Yours in all things. I pray against a negative attitude. I speak life into my child(ren) today. I pray that You would increase my awareness of my own negative attitude so that I can be a good example for my child(ren).

April 29th
"So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." James 1:4 (NLT)

Amazing Father, I pray that my child(ren) would remain faithful during hard times. I pray that he/she would have the strength and endurance to finish the race. Thank You for the promise that my child(ren) would be perfect, complete, and needing nothing.

Parents,
Every week when I type these scriptures and small prayers I'm amazed all over again that God's Word truely covers every aspect of our lives and gives total direction and wisdom for us - both as individuals and as parents. I have realized that as parents we have thousands of opportunities to be display good character...from how you handle when someone steals money from your wallet at work like what happened to me this to simple patients while waiting in line to check out and being able to give a loving smile to a stressed out cashier. I've lost it so many times and wish I realized the magnitude of my actions in the past. God doesn't condem and He forgives me. I just have to take one day and one opportunity at a time.

I pray that God would increase yours and mine awareness of the opportunities we have to be an example of Godly Character to our children. I that you would have strength and endurance yourself to finish the race before us as parents.

A Parent's Heart- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment