Sunday, April 10, 2011

April -Character

Good Afternoon Parents,

What a beautiful and warm today we are having. I hope everyone is getting a chance to enjoy the beautiful outdoors some. My heart has been heavy for both of girls this week but in different ways. My heart hurts when they have go through things that they don't understand-I don't understand for that matter. As you know, as a parent we have to entrust their growth and lift into the hands of their Creator. Our children are contronted with enormous amounts of stress and peer pressure and Lord knows what else. All the more important to cover them in prayer.

I hope you find some peace, reassurance, and comfort in the verses for this week.

April 9th
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnessess to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us." Hebrew 12:1 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray for my child(ren) that he/she would have a character laced with endurance to be able to run the race You have set before them. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would make him/her aware of anything that would slow him/her down or distract from the course You have set.

April 10th
"If you fully obey the Lord Your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God..." Deuteronomy 28:1-2 (NLT)

Heavenly Fathter, Thank You for Your Word. It is full of blessings for my child(ren). God I pray that my child(ren) would hear Your voice daily and quickly obey Your commands. I pray that my child(ren) would receive receive Your blessings as he/she obeys so that he/she can be a blessing to others.

April 11th
"Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successul lives, to help them do what is right, just, and fair." Proverbs 1:3 (NLT)

Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would fullfill his/her purpose that You have created him/her for. I pray that he/she would always do what is right, just, and fair.

April 12th
"Accordingly then, let us not sleep, as the rest do, but let us keep wide awake (alert, watchful, cautious, and on our guard) and let us be sober(calm, collected, and circumspect). 1Thessalonians 5:6 (AMP)

Precious Lord, I pray that my child(ren)'s character would always be alert, watchful, and cautious. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would guide him/her in all situations. I pray that You would give wisdom and diescernment in all decisions that he/she has to make. I pray the he/she would always seek Your counsel first.

April 13th
"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life." Galations 6:4-5 (MSG)

Precious Lord, I pray for my child(ren) today. I pray that he/she would always take responsibility for his/her own actions. I pray that he/she would always do his/her best in all things. I pray that he/she would have a Godly self-image and not one that compares, boast, or is prideful.

April 14th
"Remind the people to respect the government and be law-abiding, always ready to lend a helping hand. No insults, no fights. God's people should be bighearted and couteous."" Titus 3:1-2 (MSG)

Awesome Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would desire to treat others as Your Word tells us to. I pray that my child(ren) would always be big hearted and courteous to all people I pray that he/she would always repsect our government and that he/she would be a productive law-abiding citzen.

April 15th
"Life a life with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacriffice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." Ephesians 5:2 (NLT)

Merciful Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would be a pleasing aroma to You as he/she lives a life filled with love. I pray that he/she would follow Your example of how he/she is to love others.

I continue to pray that each of you are finding strength and comfort in the scriptures. I can honestly say that being a parent is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I can't do it w/o God. As we progress from one stage of parenting to another we need to rely on God to gives us wisdom, disernment, and courage to let go and allow our children to make their own choices. I know in the very core of who I am that no prayer will go unanswered. I find peace and comfort in God's Word and promises for us and our babies.

A Parent's Heart- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment