Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 5 January 29th - Feb 4th

Dear Parents,

I'm really excited about this week's verses. Not only do we close out our first month of prayer on Salvation but we start praying for the health of our children. First we have prayed for the very health of the souls of our babies and now we move our focus to the health of our children. I will never forget the first time Whittni, our oldest, was the sickest she has ever been when she was 3 or 4 years old and she had a very high fever for several days. We stayed up with her giving her medication every 2 hours and praying for her to be healed. It didn't happen when we prayed...we had to wait for the virus to run it's course. There is nothing like feeling helpless when your babies are sick and you have watch them and wait it out. With two children we have weathered many fevors, viruses, severe allergic reactions, and broken bones. God has always been there. I remember another time in the ER with Natalie when she was 9 or so with several abomemal pain that we could not figure out. She called Jesus' name and asked Him to make her feel better. God heard her cries and she was healed. Healing takes place in many ways - sometimes instantly and sometimes over time. I don't have answers as to why our children get sick and are not healed when we pray. But this I do know is that one way or the other my children will be healed and that they would know it was God who healed them.
Don't forget to journal about anything God may have laid on your heart about the salvation of your chilren. Write down anything that your children are dealing with physically no matter how big or small. I'm excited about what God is going to do in the physical lives of our children.

Shannon

January 29

"The Lord is my light and salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid." Psalms 27:1 (NIV)

Dear Lord, I praise You that my child(ren) don't have to be afraid of anyone or anything because of your gift of salvation. I pray that he/she may understand the depth in this promise that you are his/her stronghold and that he/she never has to be afraid.

January 30
"Do not turn your back on me.Do not reject your servant in anger.You have always been my helper.Don’t leave me now; don’t abandon me,O God of my salvation!" Psalms 27:9 (NLT)

Heavenly Father, I pray that You would never reject my child(ren). I know You have always been their helper even if they were un aware. I know You will never abandon them. When they sin I pray that Your Holy Spirit would quicken their hearts to turn back to You.

January 31
"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:15 (NIV)

Wonderful Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would be an aroma of Your Son Jesus Christ to those that are lost. I dedicate my life to lifting up my child(ren) before Your Throne for his/her salvation. May my child(ren) be able to smell the aroma of their hearts. Holy Spirit be there to remind them when the attitude of their hearts are not pleasing to the Heavenly Father.

Feburary 1
"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jeremiah 33:6 (NIV)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would enjoy Your abundant peace, security, and healing.

Feburary 2
"Say to him: 'Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!'" 1 Samuel 25:6 (NIV)

Lord I pray that my child(ren) would have a long life filled with good health.

Feburary 3
"They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong." Psalms 73:4 (NIV)
Father I pray that my child(ren) would have healthy and strong bodies. I pray that you would deliver him/her from any physical struggles.

Feburary 4
"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones" Proverbs 15:30 (NIV)

Awesome Lord I pray the joy of Your good news will cause my child(ren) to have healthy bones.

I am over whelmed by the richness of God's Word. It truely covers everything that we could possibly need or ever think of. I hope you are able to find answers to your prayers and desires for Your child(ren)'s lives. Stay strong and never give up praying for your treasures from Heaven.

Shannon - A parent's heart

No comments:

Post a Comment