Friday, January 7, 2011

January- Salvation

Parents,

I hope everyone has had a great first week of the new year. If you are like me-the new year brings many new hopes and dreams. I personally desire to be a better person (wife, mother, daughter, sister, co-worker, church member - the list could go on) than I was last year. I desire to have more of God in my life than last year. I know that I can't do that with in my own strength or power so I humbly ask my Heavenly Father to help me. As for my children, this year I pray that they to would be better girls. I desire that would have a hunger for the things that only God could give them. I desire that they would not wait until they are all grown up to allow God to be their everything. My oldest daughter will start her senior year in highschool this year. My youngest daughter will start her highschool year this year. These are just a few things on my mind as this new year begins to fade away day by day. Oh how the days do go by fast. So, what are your dreams and prayers for your children for this year? Not next year or 5 years from now but right now for 2011! Write them down in your parent prayer journal and revist them as the up coming months unfold.
I pray that God would personally reveal to you what He wants to do in our children's lives this year so that you can cover those things in prayer. After all God does have a plan for their lives and chances are they are much greater than anything we could image or think of on our own- so pray and ask God then write those things down also....

January 8th
The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2 (NIV)

"Lord, I pray thay my child(ren) find strength in his/her salvation as according to Your Word. I pray that he/she would praise and exalt You in his/her heart and in their daily lives."

January 9th
My God is my rock, in whom I take refudge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-from violent men you save me. 2 Samuel 22:3 (NIV)

"Awesome Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would find refuge in You during times of trouble. May he/she find strength and safety in his/her salvation."

January 10th
Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day.
Chronicles 16:23 (NIV)

"I pray to You oh Lord that my child(ren) would proclaim his/her salvation in his/her enviroment so that others may know you."

January 11th
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalms 13:5 (NIV)

"Dear Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would trust in your unfailing love. I thank you for your promise of salvation."

January 12th
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; My God is my rock , in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalms 18:2 (NIV)

"Awesome Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would find You to be his/her shield and strength(horn). I pray that he/she would find protection and safety in Your refuge. Please remind them of this promise."

January 13th
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalms 51:12 (NIV)

"Dear God, I pray that my child(ren) would have a willing spirit and that the joy of his/her salvation would sustain him/her during hard times."

January 14th
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1 (NIV)

"God, I pray that my child(ren) would find rest in knowing You have saved him/her."

Parents don't forget to write down what You want for your children this year and to ask God to reveal to you what HE wants for your children. I can't wait to hear and see what God is going to do in the lives of all of our children.
Blessings and strength to you as you pray God's Word over your children.

A Parent's heart- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment