Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 4 January 22- 28th

Dear Parents

I could not sleep and was drawn to start my blog. I hope each of you have been praying over your children more now than you ever have. I sense an urgency to cover my children more than ever. They grow us so fast and they are exposed to so much more than we were growing up. I wonder where all the time has gone and have many regrets of missed opportunities to be a better example to them in one area or the other. But God reassures me that He is there and will fill in the gaps of my mistakes. I so desire to be a stepping stone for my girls to go and be much more than I ever imagined for myself. I think that is a natural part of being a parent. With that being said this week's verses are very powerful. I hope you guys are continuing along with me. May God bless and strength you as He leads and guides you in how to be the parent your child(ren) need to be the man or woman He created them to be.

Shannon

January 22
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16a (NIV)

Dear Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would never be ashamed of being a Christian. I pray that he/she would find power in Your Salvation. I pray that they would have a deep yearning for Your Word. Give them understanding as they read their Bible."

January 23
"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." 2 Corinthians 7:10 (NIV)

Lord, Your Word tells us that "Godly sorrow" brings salvation with no regrets. I know that "worldly sorrow" brings death. I pray for my child(ren)to repent quickly of his/her sins so that he/she may have life in Your salvation. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would hover over them and quicken their hearts when they sin. Make them miserable in their sin so that they would quickly turn back to Your loving arms.


January 24
"In Him you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad tidings (Gospel) of your salvation, and have believed in and adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of the long -promised Holy Spirit."
Ephesians 1:13 (AMP)

Thank You Lord for the salvation of my child(ren). I pray that he/she would adhere to Your Gospel and believe the Truth of Your Word. Give them a hunger for Your Word. I pray that his/her live would be stamped with the seal of Your promised Holy Spirit. I pray that they would be sensitive to the moving of Your Holy Spirit in their life.

January 25
"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling." Philippians 2:12 (NIV)

Awesome Lord, I can't always be with my child(ren) I pray that he/she would be a man/women of integrity and obey not only my rules but Yours. I pray that he/seh would have a fear(respect) for Your Word. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would guide him/her in all decisions and actions so that he/she may not stray from Your protection.

January 26

"But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet."
1 Thessalonians 5:8 (NIV)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would display self control in all things and at all times. I pray that Your helmet of salvation protect their mind and thoughts.

January 27

"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to recieve salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Might Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would not suffer Your wrath. I know it's Your will that he/seh would receive Your salvation trhought the gift of Your Son Jesus Christ. I pray that his/her heart would be softened to the message of salvation.

January 28

"For it is by Grace you have been saved, through fait-and this no from yourselves, it is a gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)

I pray that my child(ren) would understand that he/she can't buy Your gift of salvation. I pray that my child(ren) would receive Your gift of salvation by Your Grace at an early age. May they always cherish this prescious gift and share it with others.


Parents there is so much more to being saved than just being saved. I desire that our children would walk in the blessings of their salvation. There is a rich inheritance that comes with salvation. Don't forget to journal what God is doing in Your children's lives this year. I'd love to hear how God is working. May God richly bless each of you as you follow along with me on this journey-who knows where it will take us as parents and as believers.

A Parent's Heart
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this Shannon. It helps me to guide Dale and Emily in the way of the Lord. God Bless and love you.

    ReplyDelete