Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 3- Janurary- Salvation

Good Morning Parents,

I hope everyone has enjoyed this past week. I really love the beauty of the snow. I have enjoyed being home a few extra days with the family- playing some games, watching movies, making snow cream, napping, and taking plenty of pictures of the girls out in the snow. I hope that it makes good memories for them.
I know some of you may be wondering about more verses on salvation...I did too when looking for 30 verses on this subject. But, I did learn that there is more to just being saved. Salvation is a gift that comes with blessings and protection. I remember a song we used to sing in church about God is our rock, a fortress and our salvation. I could see myself being set upon a huge rock then I could see myself being protected in a fortress that couldn't be penetrated. How awesome would be if we as parents could teach our children that we have safety and blessings in our salvation. I hope these verses give you hope in the future of your children as they grow up in their salvation.

Janurary 15th
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'" Isaiah 52:7 (NIV)

Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would have a voice to bring the good news of Your peace and salvation to all that are in his/her sphere of influence. I pray that You would find him/her to be beautiful in Your sight.

Janurary 16th
"He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalms 62:2 (NIV)

Precious Lord, I thank You that my child(ren) never have to be shaken during tuff times. I pray that he/she would always find courage, refuge, and confidence in their salvation.

Janurary 17th
"Sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day." Psalms 96:2 (NIV)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would never forget the precious gift of his/her salvation. I pray that he/she would sing prasies to You for this priceles gift day after day.

January 18th
"For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righeousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch." Isaiah 62:1 (NIV)

Holy Father, I pray that my child(ren) would not keep silent of his/her salvation. I pray that You would help him/her to be a blazing torch to all he/she comes in contact with so that they too may be saved.

Janurary 19th
"O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2 (NIV)

Gracious Lord, I pray that my child(ren) would find strength in his/her salvation every morning especially during times of distress. I pray that he/she would have a deep longing for more of You.

Januarar 20th
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (NIV)

Heavenly Father, I pray that my child(ren) would know You as the one and only God by which they can be saved. I pray that he/she would never believe in any false god or teachings. I pray that You would seal his/her heart the truth of Your Laws.

January 21st
"For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."
Acts 13: 47

Might God, I pray that my child(ren) would follow Your commands and that You would make him/her a light for all to see for this is what You have intended for all of us to do. I pray that my child(ren) would help bring salvation to those in their sphere of influence.

Parents, I love these verses. We all should be challenged to be more of a light to those around us-especially our children. I pray blessings on you as you continue to journey with me for our children.

Shannon - A parent's heart

No comments:

Post a Comment