Saturday, February 5, 2011

Feburary - Health

Parents,

I hope everyone had a great week. I hope everyone is enjoying the challenge to pray God's Word over your children. I know we pray for our children but the I think the challenge comes in to not allow the struggles, stresses, routine of our everyday lives to distract us from manning our post on our knees covering every part of our children's lives. I think as humans in general we take our health for granted until something unexpected happens. Working in the medical field in physical therapy for over 21 years I have seen a routine ride home from work leave someone's body changed for the rest of their lives. I've seen an infection travel to the brain leaving a thriving 20 year old wheelchair bound from an abcessed tooth. I've worked with people involved in tornato's, random acts of vilence, and vehicle accidents that have changed thier physical abilities for the rest of their lives. I think praying for our children's health and safey is extremely important. We are can't be with them every minute of the day to be on the look out for any physical danger that maybe heading their way. But I know our Heavenly Father can.

Feburary 5th
"Lord, by such things men live; and my spirit finds life in them to. You restored me to health and let me live." Isaiah 38:16 (NIV)

I pray to You Heavenly Father that You'd restore health to my child(ren) and let him/her live a long life according to Your Will and destiny for his/her life."

Feburary 6th,
"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 30:17 (NIV)

Wonderful Lord I thank You for Your Word that declares healing to our wounds. I stand on Your promise to restore my child(ren) to health.

Feburary 7th
"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." 3 John 1:2 (NIV)

Dear Father in Heaven, I pray thay my child(ren) would enjoy good health all the days of his/her life. Lord, I pray that his/her soul would be ever connected to You growing stronger everyday.

Feburary 8th
"We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is for Your perfection. " 2 Corinthians 13:9 (NIV)

Father God, I lift up my child(ren) to You and ask for Your perfection in his/her life. I pray that you would become strong in his/her weakness.

Feburary 9th
"Is anyone of you sick? He should call on the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lod will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven." James 5:14-15 (NIV)

Jehovah Rophe, I pray that I would have faith to be obedient to Your Word to call on the church elders to hlep me pray over my child(ren). Thank Lord for Your promise to heal him/her when he/she is sick.

Feburary 10th
"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all sins and heals all your diseases." Psalms 103:2-3 (NIV)

Lord thank You for Your promise of healing. I pray that my child(ren) would never forget the benefits of being Your child.

Feburary 11th
"He sent forth His Word and healed them; He rescued them from the grave..." Psalm 107:20 (NIV)

Thank you Lord for the power of Your spoken word. I trust in Your ability to rescue my child(ren) from illness and even the grave.

I have written down things that I know my children need healing of. I'm trusting in the power of God's Word and His plans for each one of my girls to heal each area of their physical, emotional, and spirtual lives. Don't forget to write specific details down so you can go back and see where God has answered your prayers. Ask God to remind you of your prayers so that you can SEE where He has answered. I think many times we don't see how God has answered our prayers especially if He answers in ways we were expecting.

May God richly bless you as you continue on this journey this year!

A parent's heart - Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment