Monday, July 18, 2011

July- Love For God's Word

Parents

I hope everyone is still hanging in there and enjoying the blog. This week's verses and prayers are surrounded by obeying and having a respect for God's Word and laws. Over the last month or so I don't think I have sat in a church service Youth and "big church" alike that obedience has not come up. Just this past Wednesday Pastor Adam talked about obedience as God's mode of transportation to get us where He is taking us. How many of us and our children have hopped off the train of obedience? How many times have we as adults have been delayed in a receiving answer to prayer? Could be because of disobedience? Just yesterday Pastor Dave reminded us that there are many commands throughout the Bible, like "Love your neighbour as yourself", "be kind to one another," and "take care of the widows and the orphans" There are many many more commands throughout the Bible and we are responsible for obeying. May all of our senses be made alert to each and every command as we read His Word.

I hope you you are able to unlock some delayed blessings/treasures this week with just simply returning to the basics of obedience.


July 15th Proverbs 14:27
Respect for the Lord is like a fountain that gives life. It turns you away from the jaws of death. (NIRV)

“Father God, I pray that my child/ren would be turned away from death and that he/she would be in the midst of the fountain of life as he/she respects you.”

July 16th Psalm 119:2
Blessed are those who obey his covenant laws. They trust in him with all their hearts.(NIRV)

"Heavenly Father, I pray blessings over my children as they trust in Your plan for their live. Fill them with a deep yearning to be obedient."

July 17th Psalm 63:8
I hold on to you. Your powerful right hand takes good care of me. (NIRV)

“Wonderful God, I pray that my child/ren would hold onto you everyday of his/her life. Thank you for taking good care of him/her.”

July 18th Psalm 34:9
You people of God, have respect for the Lord. Those who respect him have everything they need. (NIRV)

“Dear God, I pray that my child/ren have everything he/she needs as he/she shows respect for you.”

July 19th Psalm 19:9
The law that brings respect for the Lord is pure. It lasts forever. The directions the Lord gives are true. All of them are completely right. (NIRV)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would follow your directions.

July 20th Psalm 19:7
The law of the Lord is perfect. It gives us new strength. The laws of the Lord can be trusted. They make childish people wise. (NIRV)

“Dear God, I pray that my child/ren find strength in your perfect Law. I pray that your word will make my child/ren wise.”

July 21th Exodus 20:20
Moses said to the people, "Don't be afraid. God has come to put you to the test. He wants you to have respect for him. That will keep you from sinning." (NIRV)

“Heavenly Father, I pray that my chld/ren would not be afraid. I pray that he/she pass the test as he/she show respect for you.”

Wow theses verses this week all touch on respecting and obeying God's word/laws. If all of us could unlock that power and the treasures God has intended for us to have just by simply obeying-what would be different in our lives today? When my girls were little we had a saying "obedience was to do what you are told when you are told to do it and with a good attitude." I can honestly say the "good attitude" or motive of the heart may just be the one keys to unlock those treasures and blessings.

My prayer this week is that not just our children but us parents too would be able to return to the basics and simply obey. Is there something God has been asking you to do and you have put it off thinking you couldn't do it? Allow the Holy Spirit to search your heart and see if there is any sin of omission or just plan forgetfulness. Maybe we could share with our children times of obedience or even disobedience to God our consequences. I often wonder if our children think that "obeying" is only for them while they are in "our homes." They need to know that being obedient is a life style.

Blessings to each of you this week.
A Parent's Heart- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment