Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July- Love For God's Word

Dear Parents,
This month we look at many promises that that the Bible gives us. The Bible is truely our road map and encyclepida for our Christian walks. It tells us how we are to treat others, it tells us how to speak, it tells us who we should be in relationships with. It has the answers for everything that we may ever need to know. I have to admit that I have not been a Bible reader over the years as I should. I do know that with every problem or situation that I or my family face I'm drawn back to a scripture that gives me understanding, wisdom, or direction.

My most favorite Bible Verse is Psalms 32:8. "I will instruct you in which way you should go. I will teach you with my own eye." I was lead to this verse while in high school wanting to go to college and not sure what to do or even how to get there. Being raised in a single parent family didn't offer too many fincial perks but mostly worry and doing without. But I knew that God was calling me into being a physcial therapist assistant. I stood on this promise that He would lead me and watch over me. And I can honestly say 22 years later I'm in the right career for me. My college was not only paid for but I had a gaureented job waiting me when I graduated.

I desire for God to give my girls the same promises and assurances that He'll open doors for them in order for their calling to be completed.

Lets jump into the Word!

July – Love For God and His Word

July 1st Psalm 119:133
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. (NIV)
“Dear Lord I pray that you would direct the footsteps of my child/ren. I pray that he/she would keep you Word in his/her heart so that sin won’t rule over him/her.”

July 2nd Joshua 1:8
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (NIV)

“Dear God I pray that your Laws would never depart my child/ren. I pray that he/she meditate on it daily. I pray that he/she would be successful in all he/she does.”

July 3rd Psalm 119:33
Lord, teach me to follow your orders. Then I will obey them to the very end. (NIRV)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would learn your ways. I pray that he/she would obey your Word all the days of his/her life.”

July 4th Psalm 19:8
The rules of the Lord are right. They give joy to our hearts. The commands of the Lord shine brightly. They give light to our minds. (NIRV)

“Heavenly Father, I pray that your Word would give light to my child/ren’s mind. I pray that he/she would have joy.”

July 5th Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing the message. And the message that is heard is the word of Christ. (NIRV)

July 6th John 8:31-32
Jesus spoke to the Jews who had believed him. "If you obey my teaching," he said, "you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth. And the truth will set you free." (NIRV)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would always know the truth. I pray that he/she would obey your teachings.”

July 7th Psalm 119:165
Those who love your law enjoy great peace. Nothing can make them trip and fall. (NIRV)

“Dear God, I pray that my child/ren would love your Word. I praise you that there is nothing that can make him/her fall when he/she obeys your Word.”

July 8th Psalm 119:11
I have hidden your word in my heart so that I won't sin against you. (NIRV)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would allow your Word to penetrate his/her heart so that he/she won’t sin against you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment