Sunday, May 29, 2011

May/June

Dear Parents,

Its hard to believe that we are closing out another month. They are flying by so fast. As school has ended this year I'm now the parent of a freshman and a senior in high school. It's hard to believe. I have been blessed with good children and I desire that they have a heart for the Lord and trust Him with every aspect of their lives.

As we come into June we will be praying for a servant heart. God lead me to several verses to address how we are to live our lives and the attitude we are to have while we serve others. I pray that we all are encouraged to be better servants as we are the examples of serving in front of our children.

I hope everyone has a great holiday tomorrow. Blessings as you continue to pray God's Word over your children.

A Parent's Heart- Shannon

May 28 1 Corinthians 7:33
But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. (NLT)

“Dear God I pray for my son/s that he would be mindful of his responsibilities to his wife. I pray that he would make her a priority in his life.”

“Dear God I pray for my daughter/’s husband. I pray that he would always make her a priority in his life. I pray that he would be mindful of his responsibilities to my daughter/s.

May 29th 1 Timothy 3:12
A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well. (NIV)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my son/s would the husband of one wife and is able to manage is child/ren and his household well.”

“Dear Lord, I pray that my daughter/s would be the wife of one husband. I pray that her husband would be able to manage their child/ren and their household well.”

May 30th Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.(NLT)

“Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you would bring good friends into the life of my child/ren. Friends that would help him/her become wiser and encourage him/her. I pray that my child/ren would in return be a good friend.”

May 31 Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. (NLT)

“Dear Father God, I pray that my child/ren would never be alone. I pray that you would plant good friends in his/her life so that his/she can succeed.”


June – Servant Heart

June 1st 1 Peter 5:2
Be shepherds of God's flock, the believers who are under your care. Serve as their leaders. Don't serve them because you have to. Instead, do it because you want to. That's what God wants you to do. Don't do it because you want to get more and more money. Do it because you really want to serve. (NIRV)

“God, I pray that my child/ren would have a heart to serve others. Help me to be the example.”

June 2nd Ephesians 6:7
Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. (NLT)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would work the enthusiasm in all they do. I pray that he/she would seek your approval not people.”

June 3rd Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (NLT)

“Heavenly Father, I pray that my child/ren would complete the work you have planned in advance for him/her to complete.”

No comments:

Post a Comment