Sunday, May 22, 2011

May-Relationships

Dear Parents,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It has been a nice warm day outside today.
On a personal note...I have been confronted with the issue of the extreme importance of good relationships, trust, and consequences for choices we make. My families' life has been turned upside down to say the least this past week with much uncertainty waiting ahead of us. I this one thing I know that nothing has taken my God by surprize and that He's love for me and my family "never fails, never gives up, and never runs out on me." I have been so very blessed by awesome friendships for me to talk to and lift me and my family up in prayer. There has been many words of encouragment and just the rigth Bible verses for me to rely on. No one wants to go through though times or to see someone you love hurt because of the choices they make but as Pastor Rusty said this morning that "God doesn't allow storms to destroy you but to shape and mold you" As Pastor Jenny said to day in Vibe that we need to be flexible/pliable so that God can mold us into what He needs when He needs it.

Now back to relationships for our children...it is a must for us to cover every relationship that our children have. The enemy is on the prowl seeking and looking for who he can destroy. I hope everyone finds comfort, peace, strength from these verses this week to cover our most priceless treasures that we have-our children...

May 21. Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. (NLT)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would always treat others with kindness. I pray that he/she would avoid evil behavior. I pray that he/she would be able to forgive others as you have forgiven him/her.”

May 22. Mark 10:6-9
But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female. 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." (NIV)

“Dear Lord, I pray for my child/ren’s spouse. I pray that he/she would marry a Godly man/woman. I pray for your protection and blessings for his/her marriage.”

May 23. Hebrews 13:4
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. (NIV)

“Dear God I pray for the purity in my child/ren’s marriage. I pray that both the husband and wife in the marriage would honor the vows he/she took on his/her wedding day.”

May 24. Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. (NIV)

“Dear God I pray that my daughter/’s would be the wife you have created her to be. I pray that you find her to be good and that she and her husband receive your favor.”

“Dear God, I pray that my son/’s find a good wife. I pray that my son/’s would be the husband you have created him to be. I pray that you find him to be good and he and his wife receive your favor.”

May 25. Ephesians 5:25-28
Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting…His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor—since they're already "one" in marriage. (MSG)

“Dear God I pray that my son/s would be this kind of husband. I pray that he would honor his wife and bless her according to this verse.”

“Dear God I pray that my daughter/s would find this kind of husband. I pray that her husband would honor her and bless her according to this verse.”

May 26. Timothy 3:11
In the same way, their wives must be worthy of respect. They must not say things that harm others. In anything they do, they must not go too far. They must be worthy of trust in everything. (NIRV)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my son/s would find a wife worth of respect. I pray that she would also be trustworthy in everything. I pray the his wife would speak wisdom and life over my son/s.”

“Dear Lord, I pray that my daughter/s would be this kind of wife…trustworthy and worthy of respect. I pray that she would speak wisdom and life over her husband.”

May 27. Proverbs 19:14
Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth, but only the Lord can give an understanding wife. (NLT)

“Dear God I pray that my son/s would receive a wife of understanding. I pray that you would bring him a godly woman just like you brought Eve to Adam.”

“Dear God, I pray that my daughter/s would be a wife of understanding. I pray that she would receive a godly husband just like you brought Adam and Eve together.”

I'm so very thankful for my husband and children. Also I'm so very blessed and thankful for my friends that have supported me this week.

Blessings over you as you continue to cover your children's lives in pray and in God's Word.

A Parent's Heart-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment