Monday, June 13, 2011

June- Servant heart

Parents,

It is hard to believe that school is out and summer has hit full blast. I hope everyone is finding time to spend with your families this summer. Our family's vaction wont be until the end of July. It seems so far away. But we are looking forward to going out of town and are having fun trying to finalize our plans.

I hope everyone is having a good time praying the Scriptures over your children. It is awesome at the verses that God lead me to and how it has changed my perspective on things - being a parent.

June 4th Colossians 3:23
Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. (NLT)

“Dear God, I pray that my child/ren would have a willing heart to work hard and serve you in all things.”

June 5th Matthew 25:34-45
… “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’ (NLT)

“Lord, I pray that you open the eyes of my child/ren to see those in need. I pray that he/she will never refuse to help someone in need.”

June 6th Matthew 7:16a
You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. (NLT)

“Father God, I pray that my child/ren would bare good fruit and that it would be known to all that he/she belongs to you.”

June 7th Galatians 6:10
Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith. (NLT)

“Dear Lord, I pray that my child/ren would see the opportunities that you provide for him/her to do good to everyone.”

June 8th Proverbs 3:28
If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.” (NLT)

“Dear God, I pray that my child/ren never turns anyone away that has a need. I pray that you would bless my child/ren so that he/she can help those in need.”

June 9th Galatians 6:3
If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. (NLT)

“Lord, I pray that my child/ren would never think more highly of him/herself than he/she should. I pray that he/she would find his/her identity in you and never put anyone beneath him/her.”

June 10th John 13:15
I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. (NLT)

“Thank you Jesus for the example you have given us. I pray that my child/ren would follow your example and serve others.”


God's Word is so clear on how we are to treat others and that we are to be helpful to others in need. I truely believe that we are being God's hand extended to others when we are willing to help others. I truely desire for my children to have a pure heart full of God's love that aches for others and aches if they are not serving others. I speak life into the spirit and hearts of my children that they would be God's servants.

Blessings on you parents as you diligently pray over your children. It's a process. May God give each of you wisdom and courage to be the Mom and Dad that your children need so that they will grow up and be the man and woman that God created them to be.

A Parent's Heart- Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment