Monday, December 27, 2010

Getting Started

Hello Parents,
This is very exciting for me. I've never done anything like this before but here it goes. Several years ago, about 2-3 now, God gave me an idea to create a calendar for parents to pray Scriptures over their children. I began to be obedient in spite of my limitations-most of which were self limiting. After all can't all of us "Do all things through Christ who Strengthens Us." Philp 4:13.  I took each month one by one and finally it was all done. Now what. I initally thought I could have it published and sell it to make extra income for my family. I looked into creating a desk top calender but was discouraged to find out that it would take thousands of dollars (that I didn't have) to have it published and printed. I still believe one day that may happen but until then I was encouaraged to start a blog so that parents can start praying what God has put in my heart.

I am a mother of 2 girls, ages 17 and 14. I love my girls very much and like most parents want their lives to be filled with every good thing that God has meant for them to have. Like most mothers I've sometimes have struggled with connecting to my girls and didn't want my failures as a parent to limit God's purpose for their lives. I have dealt with many childhood insecurities that have impacted my parenting style. God continues to remind me that it is not about me and my insecurities but about Him and what He can do in spite of my weakness and failures. God gave me 12 (one for each month of the year) specific areas for parents to pray over their children to include: health, relationships, character, and salvation. God lead me to beautiful scriptures to cover 28-31 days each month different areas of our children's lives. As I journey through this year praying over my children I truely hope that you will take the challenge along with me to pray for your children. Just think what God can do when parents join together praying over every aspect of their children's lives - no matter the age they are now-the possibilities are limitless. I'm excited about this up coming year.

I plan to start January 1st listing a week's worth of prayers and scriptures-updating weekly. I encourage you to keep a journal of specific prayer request and answers so you can look back and see God's hand guiding our children to their purpose and destiny.

My pray for each parent is that God will remind you to pray and strengthening you to be the parenet that your children need so that He/She can grow up and be the man/woman God created them to be.

A Parent's Heart
Shannon

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited that you are doing this Shannon! I know sometimes it takes a giant leap of faith for us to step out and do those things which God has called us to do. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited and can't wait! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Shannon! The personal "stretch" will be worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this, Shannon. I love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you!!! This is such a blessing - count me in!! Love you girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete